Shane Explains His Unique Programs
Three Great Trial Lawyer Secrets that You Can Use in Business
What You Will Learn
All of Shane’s programs can be customized to meet your needs. You can even decide to combine content from each of them. The programs can be offered as a keynote address, a seminar, or breakout program.
Learn How to Captivate, Educate, and Motivate
Nothing could be truer than what Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “All the great speakers were bad speakers at first.” A close second would be Mark Twain’s observation, “There are two types of speakers in the world: those that are nervous and those that are liars.” This program focuses on the skills you need to make an outstanding presentation, no matter where you find yourself on your journey to becoming a great speaker. The following is just some of the content that is included in the program.
How to Boost Your Persuasion and Influencing IQ
Throughout the past several decades, advances in behavioral science research have shed enormous light on how people make decisions. Some of it confirms what our life experiences have taught us, but the research also gives many new insights to be more persuasive. Below is just some of the content for this program.
Overcoming the Fear of Public Speaking
- Learn why everyone is afraid of public speaking
- Understand why the conventional wisdom is wrong about the goal for a presentation
- Learn the tools professional athletes and performers use to overcome the fear of failure
- Discover ten techniques to ensure confidence in your presentation
The Principles of Public Speaking
- Learn how to be yourself. You need to because everyone else is taken anyway.
- Speak from the heart to persuade
- Determine what your audience needs in order to win them over.
- Turn a boring presentation into an engaging conversation with your audience
- Discover three techniques to simplify complicated ideas
How To Tell A Story
- Understand what a story really is
- Create a bottom-line message you want your audience to understand above all else
- Learn how to find at least one human truth about why your story is important
- Use a structure that starts strong and best relates what happened
- Understand the importance of using descriptive language
- Tell the good, the bad, and the ugly about the facts in your presentation
- Connect to the emotions of your audience
Using PowerPoint Effectively
- Get the right equipment
- Avoid “Death by PowerPoint”
- Learn the basic skills to create PowerPoint slides
- Discover the seven principles to creating a memorable PowerPoint
Delivering Your Presentation
- Understand the techniques to deliver your argument
- Become a believer in the principle that you should not use notes
- Discover the tricks memory experts use
- Become aware of the importance of body language
- Analyze examples of good and bad gestures
- Make your voice interesting
- Speak with conviction
- Adapt to Zoom and Skype Meetings
- Learn how to practice
- Study the master orators in history
The Science Behind How our Brain Makes Decisions
- Understand the differences between the automatic and reflective brain
- Learn the science that proved the conventional wisdom wrong about decision-making
Rules of Thumb for Decision-Making
- Discover the power of anchoring
- Understand the lure of associations
- Decide whether framing a decision is important or not
How to Persuade Others
- Learn how to make complicated ideas simple
- Realize that there are leaders and followers in your audience
- Make decisions easy for your audience
- Create memorable PowerPoint slides
You Are the Architect of Your Presentation
- Utilize confirmation bias
- Develop counterthemes
- Elevate your audience’s attention
- Take advantage of the power of word association and metaphors
- Learn the keys to ensure success before, during, and after your presentation
Build Trust with Your Audience
- Examine Aristotle’s principles of trust building
- Analyze studies showing how to create trust
- The three principles of rapport building
- Become the most trustworthy person in the room
- Learn how to effectively answer any question
How to Negotiate Effectively
- Building trust with the other side
- Learn the behavioral science regarding negotiation strategies
- Dos and Don’ts of every negotiation
- How to engage with anyone
- Be the most likable person in the room
- Ten techniques that work every time
What Business Professionals are Saying
Shane’s expertise and track record of success can provide you with the competitive advantage and winning edge you need. His advice, insights, presentations, and training sessions are based on his successes in and out of the courtroom, and which can help you in the court of public opinion — or anywhere else. Do yourself a favor: Put Shane to work for yourself, company, or organization today.
If you need to persuade anyone of anything anywhere, Shane Read is your one stop shop for expert advice. He is an accomplished trial lawyer being lead counsel on innumerable jury trials and has spent over 30 years teaching and putting into practice in the courtroom the best strategies to persuade and present ideas to others. Shane has coached lawyers, accountants, doctors, engineers, and others enhancing their persuasion, presentation, and influencing skills, with the result being they captivated, motivated, and inspired their audiences. They say those that can do, and those that can’t coach. Shane is that rare individual that does both. Hire him and see your influence on others soar!
Shane is the go-to person when it comes to persuasion and presentation skills coaching and training. His education, expertise, and experience make him a real subject matter expert. His programs are engaging, interactive, and content-rich with plenty of take away material. Check out his website and books. Hire him – You’ll be happy you did.
Shane has the expertise and experience to help anyone in finance or business improve their message and how to present it so they can meet their clients’ needs. He quickly can understand your challenges and give you very thoughtful solutions with concrete steps to solve your problem. He not only has the expertise and experience, but he is very inspiring to learn from.
From presentation to persuasion in the courtroom, Shane has honed his skills and is now able to empower others to flourish. For the business world, Shane’s approach, strategies, and wisdom have enabled me to be a better leader. I am more confident on stage and in the boardroom and would encourage business leaders to engage his extremely beneficial resources.
What You Will Learn
If you want personalized training on how to become a captivating and memorable presenter, Shane offers one-on-one training that maximizes the efficiency of the learning process and ensures that your personal goals are met.
Benefits of Personal Training
- You can discuss and overcome your fears and weaknesses in a private setting.
- Shane will focus on your specific needs.
- The coaching starts at your level of experience so that there is no wasted time.
- You can work on an upcoming presentation in the privacy of a one-on-one session.
- The time of the training is flexible so that it fits with your busy schedule.